Pages

Friday, November 2, 2012

Little Jumper!

I recently watched a super-cool documentary on spiders titled "Super Spiders". You can always count on shows like this around Halloween. For the most part, I keep my distance from spiders, with one exception -- jumping spiders. They are the coolest little things, and when I say little, the majority of them are minuscule, but can jump so far for their size. And having more than two functioning eyes, four pairs to be exact -- how cool is that? I found a rather cute video of a little furry jumper that is simply fascinating to watch. I wonder what goes on in those tiny brains of theirs?
To give you an idea of just how small this particular spider is, look at the image after the video. I've added a life-size image of a paper cup with a small 'X' representing the size of the spider. Tiny!!!