Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

"Thumbs Up"

When I swim with my Masters club at ASU, we usually workout in the 50m pool, but at the start of the new year, things change a bit and we typically find ourselves in the 25y warm-up pool. Last night, being a Tuesday, included a kick set, with our coach choosing a round of vertical kicking. This posed a problem since the warm-up pool is only 6' at its deepest, which means several of our tall swimmers can touch bottom. :-) So, we utilized the diving well, which is 17' deep, not to mention about 5 degrees warmer -- yay!

As we jumped in, I went into a vertical streamline and allowed myself to sink towards the bottom, taking in the view. Directly in front of me was Wiley (one of our fastest and taller swimmers), who was doing basically the same thing). As our eyes met, he gave me two "thumbs up" as we stayed suspended in the water. There's something magical about swimming and some people get it. Wiley is one of those people and it makes swimming with my club much more enjoyable. I wish I had a picture of the moment, but here's one of a little girl that conveys the feeling.