Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Righting a Wrong

Back in July, NBC Universal announced that pre-orders could be made for their "Go For The Gold" -- Olympic Swimming DVD. And, by ordering early, a free London Olympic pin would be included in the order (providing supplies last, of course). Well, in September, just when the DVDs should start shipping, they announced they would not be producing the DVD and made a suggestion for something I wouldn't consider buying, and informed me that my order would be cancelled and I wouldn't be charged. I was really disappointed to say the least. A few days later, I received an email letting me know that my Olympic pin had shipped. Cool, I thought -- even though the DVD was being cancelled, they were honoring the "free" pin. Not so! A day or so later, I was alerted by my bank that I was being charged $9 and change by NBC Universal -- the exact price of a London Olympic pin. Now my dander was really up!!
Instead of wasting my time contacting their customer support people, I posted my disappointment on their Facebook page and the following is what ensued:
It took more than a week to resolve the issue, and I had to go back to them on the 29th and pose the question "And..." since I hadn't heard anything from them, but I'm satisfied that the issue is resolved. To be honest, resolving the issue through Facebook was easy and pleasant.