Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Another year older

On Sunday, I enjoyed another great birthday celebration, thanks to all of my swim and Facebook friends, and my two lovely daughters.
My birthday gifts included a $10 gift card to QuikTrip (yay!), a variety six-pack of dark beers and porters (double-yay!!), a bottle of Martinelli's sparkling cider, and to top it off, a Terry's chocolate orange (triple-yay!!!). Chocolate and dark beer -- what could be better. Well, it did get better. After the gift exchange, I was treated to an absolutely scrumptious lunch at Kona Grill in San Tan Village. To start things off, I ordered a Hibiscus Margarita. If you haven't had one, you should. One word: Patron! My drink was followed by my all-time favorite meal, Macadamia Nut Chicken. I made sure to save room for dessert and was planning on ordering cheesecake, but to my delight, our server brought me my own personal velvet mini-cake, complete with cream cheese frosting! Yummy!
After lunch, my oldest daughter headed off with her boyfriend, while my youngest stayed behind and we spent the next couple of hours just talking. A priceless gift, if you ask me, as we don't get to see each other often enough.
Another memorable birthday is in the books. Getting older definitely has its perks!