Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Beach Decor

After recently spending a week in southern California, and especially 3 wonderful days in La Jolla, I've really got the itch to decorate "Beach Style". I've been working on decorating my spare room "Swim Style", but I would like to take it further with the rest of my house, but focus more on coastal elements than just the pool. Here's my first element. I bought the shells in a great little sea-side shop in La Jolla and found the apothecary jar at Ross for less than $10. Yay!
I really like the glass starfish atop the apothecary jar and took a close-up macro shot with my cell phone. I got lucky with this one. My artist daughter upon seeing it exclaimed "Dude, I want to paint that!". Click the image to see it full-size. The way the light reflected through it is really amazing.