Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Uvas Canyon, Morgan Hill, CA

To me, the most special place in all of Morgan Hill is Uvas Canyon County Park. This place is a "hidden jewel," which is just a short drive from where I used to live. The park offers hiking and camping, and was often the place I took my girls to cool off during the summer. One of the hiking trails leads you along Swanson Creek, where there are many deep cool pools and lots of waterfalls. Rushing water can be heard no matter where you are, and I love nothing more than to sit next to the creek or one of the waterfalls and totally relax to the sound of the rushing water.
One of the many waterfalls you'll encounter along the Waterfall Loop trail at Uvas Canyon County Park.

Turkeys, in Morgan Hill! Absurd!! No, really, Morgan Hill is home to a large population of wild turkeys. While on my way to Uvas Canyon, I encountered a small flock of them on Croy Road.
While I was taking this next picture, I envisioned the old "There's a hole in the bottom of the sea" song that includes the frog on the bump on the log in the hole in the bottom of the sea, etc, etc. Well, anyway, here was this little alder tree, growing out of a rock that was sitting in the creek, and what did I find, but a little Ladybug crawling around on one of its leaves. I couldn't tell whether she had any warts, complete with hairs and fleas, but I was amused by the sight nonetheless. ;)
I managed to get one decent photo of myself while hiking. I need to take lessons from my girls. They're great at taking what I call "Facebook Photos" of themselves. I absolutely suck at it. It took me three or four tries to get this one, but at least I have something to show I was there.
I also took some really nice videos, but I'll have to post them after I get back home. The Internet upload connection at my hotel is kinda sucky, so stay tuned for the second installment in a couple of days.