Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

My First USMS "Go The Distance" Milestone

I participated in the GTD event after joining USMS late last year and managed to squeak out just about 28 miles (well, 27.99 to be exact) by the end of the year.

I just hit my first swimming milestone of 50 miles during my morning workout today, so I'm well on my way to meeting my goal of 250 miles.

Nike Swim is sponsering the give-a-way for the 50 mile mark, so I'll be receiving a free GTD Nike Swim cap sometime after the end of March. I'm starting to amass a collection of caps already and just for fun, I'm thinking about mounting them in a picture frame. I saw some framed caps in one of the pictures of the USMS headquarters and it looked pretty cool. Swim caps are an art form in their own right, so why not display them, 'cause I can't wear them all!