Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Bluebirds and Brewskis

Ah, Spring! Well, it's not officially Spring, but it's close enough for me. I am in the midst of full-blown Spring Fever, and find it hard to be inside. So, to make sure I got some "outside time" today, I had lunch with a friend and my daughter at SanTan Brewery in Chandler and enjoyed their brew sampler along with an awesome sandwich. As I finished each brew sample, I stacked them into a little leaning tower.

Cheryl and the brew sample glass tower

Unfortunately, I bumped the table at one point and they all went crashing down. My daughter and I both let out a rather loud, shrill, scream, which of course, got everyone's attention. Needless to say, our server put me at ease by saying "Well, at least you had finished them before they fell", as he gave me a big smile.

After lunch we took a stroll through downtown Chandler and did a little window shopping. There are a lot of great restaurants that I don't remember seeing that I really need to check out during my work lunch hour. 

Just as we arrived at the brewery, a "Pre-Ostrich Festival Parade" was just winding down. For those of you who aren't familiar with Chandler, AZ, the Ostrich Festival is a pretty big deal, and to commerate it a blue painted ostrich statue was perched in the center of town.
Cheryl and "Bluebird"