Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Oh, Togo's -- How I love you

A Sunday ritual for me is to have a delicious #24 for lunch at Togo's in Gilbert. I first ate at Togo's in California in the Campbell store back in 1980 after moving to the Bay area that January. Togo's has been my favorite sandwich shop ever since. This particular store in Campbell was the second sandwich shop started by the founder and opened for business in 1977. I loved the store, as it was situated in an old house -- it had so much charm. Unfortunately, it is no longer a Togo's (there is a store in the Pruneyard across the street), and it has changed quite a bit, but this is what I so fondly remember.
When the shop closed, a nice article was written in 2001, with a little history of the house. http://mytown.mercurynews.com/archives/campbellreporter/10.31.01/togos-0144.html