Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stars & Stripes Forever!!

I can still remember the 1972 Olympics, with Mark Spitz kicking @$$ in the pool, winning 7 gold medals. The other thing I remember is the Stars & Stripes swimsuits that were selected that year. I was perusing the Internet looking for something and came across a "never worn", vintage 1972 Stars & Stripes female racing suit made by White Stag-Speedo. I couldn't believe it! I also can't believe that I bought the darn thing. I got it in the mail today, and they weren't kidding. The suit is as new as the day it was hanging on the rack in the store that originally sold it. I also have the original box it came in and the product tag. What a cool piece of memorabilia! Here are the pictures that were posted at Lulu's Vintage where I purchased it, followed by a picture of Mark Spitz wearing his Stars & Stripes suit. :-)