Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

I Go Swimming - Summing up 2010

2010 has been a great year for me from a fitness viewpoint. During the course of the year, I managed to get in 193 swim workouts (including competitive events) for a total of 250 miles. This means I spent more than half of the year in the water at some point!

The high points of my year in swimming were:
  • Competing in an indoor Triathlon at Life Time Fitness (and not coming in last)
  • Swimming 3 of the 5 DCB Adventures Arizona Swim Series (and not coming in last)
  • Attending the USMS SwimFest '10 event
  • Swimming La Jolla Cove for the first time in my life!
  • Competing in the Catfish Crawl 2-mile swim in Morgan Hill (I lived there for 8 years, and yes, I was not last)
  • Making swim friends in the pool and on the USMS forum
  • Joining Sun Devil Masters
Peter Gabriel's song, I Go Swimming, kind of sums up the joy I get from being in the water, and how much I need it in my life. Here's a video I found on YouTube.