Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

Cali's Grotto and the Basking Battle Cat

My beautiful calico cat, Cali, loves to lounge around in the backyard, especially when the weather is as nice as it was this past weekend. One of her favorite places to hang out is between two of my plants and the back fence. From my point of view it's like she was hiding inside a little grotto. She posed so purrfectly for me.

The weather was so absolutely wonderful this past weekend, that even our beloved "Battle Cat", Waldo, came outside and hung out with me and Cali. Here she is basking in the warmth underneath one of my patio chairs. Waldo will be turning 17 next month. If you're wondering how she came to be called "Battle Cat", it's due to her abundance of matted hair that covers most of her body. Now that she's old, she doesn't care for herself very well, and after years of trying to shave her each Spring (I think the trauma she endured while being shaved was worse than having matted hair), I've given up and she seems happy with her thick armor.