Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Surprise Lunchtime Visitor

We've been experiencing quite a bit of rain over the past few days, which is always welcome during our hot Arizona summers. Due to the rain we got overnight and early this morning, the outside temperature at noon today was right around 90 degrees instead of the usual 104+. When I lived in California, anything over 82 degrees was downright hot to me. After 8 years of living in the desert Southwest, I've become pretty acclimated to the hot temps, so 90 feels absolutely great! Due to the lower temperature, I decided to go out for lunch and after getting inside my car, I rolled down all of the windows to let the warm breezes through. Just as the last window was down, a little brown damselfly floated in through the passenger window. It really took its time, hovering just above the dashboard, slowly moving from the passenger side to my side of the car. But, just before it exited my window, it stopped right in front of me and hesitated for a moment, almost as if to say "Nice day, isn't it. I hope you don't mind me taking a shortcut through your car." After a second or so, it gently made its way out my window and was on its way. Was a sweet little surprise.