Pages

Friday, February 15, 2008

Rainy Days and Fridays Never Get Me Down

Remember that old Carpenter's song? You know, "Hangin' around, nothin' to do but frown. Rainy days and Mondays always get me down." Well, that's definitely not me, especially when it's a rainy Friday (or Fried-day as Larry at work likes to say). Contrary to what some people think, it really does rain in Arizona. I got home early from work and decided to see what I could capture outside my house. One lucky guy had Cosmo Park all to himself and his two dogs -- he didn't let the rain get him down. In my backyard, I found some beautiful symmetry in a puddle created by the run-off from our roof. I like the way the ripples and circles interlock, and the middle of the puddle looks like the water is bubbling up from below. Another raindrop made a large vertical splash that reminds me of an upside down icicle. I love the way a camera's flash freezes everything.