Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Help me, I'm melting!

Well, not me literally, but cheese, wine, and chocolate were involved. Last night, I enjoyed my first experience at the Melting Pot in Scottsdale. Yes, I must admit I was a Melting Pot virgin. But, I can now proudly state "I am experienced!" And what an experience it was.

In my mind I was thinking I would be dipping food into bubbling pots of oil, which did not present a pretty mental picture. Happily, though, I could choose from several types of dipping concoctions. My favorite was Coq au Vin, which featured flavors of fresh herbs, mushrooms, garlic, spices and burgundy wine. M-m-m-m-m!

I can't remember the last time dinner took close to 4 hours, but I enjoyed every minute of it. Especially the chocolate-drenched goodies at the end. I highly recommend the "Cookies 'n Cream Marshmallow Dream" chocolate fondue.