Pages

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Webcam Wednesday - 8Aug2012

Who doesn't love birds? Well, I guess maybe some people, but not me! I wouldn't say I am an expert birder, but I have a reputation of spotting a hawk sitting on fence post from a mile away (at least that's what the dedication in my bird dictionary given to me by my mother says). Thanks to the webcams I visit each day, I am often treated to the many types of birds that migrate and/or live in the northern mountains of Arizona. In the Flagstaff region, the Fort Valley station of the US Forest Service has mounted a webcam near a bird feeder. I find that for the most part, different birds visit the feeder at specific times of the day. I guess you could say they really do have a "pecking" order.
Steller's Jay
European Ring-collared Doves
Northern Flicker and Steller's Jay
Evening Grosbeaks
Chickadees
Black-headed Grosbeak
House Finch
The End (I swear the bird to the left is laughing)