Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Birthday Swim Cap!!! (and Sombrero)

My swim club has a tradition of making the birthday person wear an old-fashioned flower swim cap and posing for a picture while wearing it. I went to swim workout Friday evening expecting to wear it, but there was a bit of a snafu and the cap was in the wrong location. Well, after the incredibly tough sprint workout, I was to meet my daughters at Chevy's where they were going to treat me to a birthday dinner. To my surprise, my daughter Cheryl planned a surprise party and invited a bunch of folks from my club and a few close friends. And, to my delight, what was also waiting for me?? Yes, indeed -- the birthday cap.
Totally awesome, right! Besides enjoying some good food and even better company, one of my lane mates (Hank) treated me to a big shot of Patron. Ole!!! Talk about smooth!
Down the hatch!! After dinner, another lane mate (Taylor) treated me to a big shot of Citron! Ole Dos!! This had to be the best birthday I can recall in decades. A good time was had by all.
Cheryl (the party organizer), me, and Cristina.
Me and Leah. Can you tell I'm having a good time?
Hank and Me with the birthday card from Cheryl. Sex Kitten -- LOL.
Not only did I get to wear the Sun Devil Masters honorary birthday swim cap, but Chevy's came out with their own birthday sombrero. Ole, ole, ole!

A huge thank you to my daughter, Cheryl, for setting up the party, and also to everyone who came: Cristina, Phil, Chris, Leah, Karen P., Karen Z., Bruce, Chad, Marc, Kate, Taylor, Roger (who took these great photos), Barbara, Pam, and last but not least, Hank. Love you guys!!!