Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Arizona Jewel

I spent the most wonderful day with three of my swim friends at Fossil Creek. What an absolutely beautiful place, and so close to home.

Now that I've seen the creek, I want to go back and do the Fossil Springs trail, which takes you to the source of the beautiful blue-green water that flows in the creek. The four-mile hike, with a 1600 foot elevation drop, takes you to five springs, called Fossil Springs, that pour out more than a million gallons an hour of 72-degree water from a limestone ledge. I can't wait to see it!! Next time. :) Until then, enjoy the creek photos.
This is the first place we stopped and took a cool dip.

You can see how clear and beautiful the water is, not to mention my three gorgeous friends. :)

The big falls on the creek. Besides swimming, I was able to stand under the waterfall.
It was soooo loud.

Kate, Kelly, and Felissa. They're the best!