Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

2011 SW Zones Championships - Day Two of Three

My second swim meet this year. I swam two events today (100 Breaststroke and 100 Individual Medley). I didn't swim them as fast as I would have liked, but I'm happy to have been able to swim them.

I swim with such a great group of people. Our coach loves to give everyone nicknames, and today, a couple of swimmers beat him to the punch. One of our gals, Leah, bought a really nice TYR suit that reminded our coach of a leotard (kind of like something a baton twirler would wear). It took a couple of minutes, but two guys started calling her "Leahtard" -- and just like that, a nickname was born. Chris, our youngest swimmer, has the nickname Sugarfree and approved Leah's new suit. Our coach, Jonny, then documented this fact by literally writing a huge checkmark on Leah's leg with a ballpoint pen, with the designation "Sugarfree aproved". Here's photographic proof.


I ended up with a new nickname, Double-D, aptly provided by Ms. Leahtard, but don't get the wrong idea -- it's because my initials are DD, not because of my cup size. ;)

There were a lot of fast swims, but our men did a great job on their 400 Free relay, with Sugarfree bringing it home for the win! SugarPop posted a nice video on the SDM Facebook (or Bookface as Jonny likes to call it) page. http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1330328795720&oid=205358622811730&comments

Tomorrow brings another day of swimming and tons more fun I'm sure.