Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Times at ASU

I'm taking a 4-session class out at ASU this month, which focuses on working on freestyle technique, starts and turns. Even though I've been swimming for 6 months with my Masters group at Life Time Fitness, I really felt the need to get some coaching from another source -- kind of like getting a second opinion as it were.

The first session was awesome. Our instructor/coach, who swam in Britain and for ASU (and yes, she's young enough to be my daughter) had us doing drills that were new to me, but they immediately showed me where I needed to make changes in my stroke, kick, and breathing.

My oldest daughter came along to observe and snapped a few photos with my cell phone. I wore my "Happy Hour" cap that I got from participating in the One Hour Postal swim, which was hosted by the Tamalpais Aquatic Masters (TAM). In the last picture it looks like it is glowing. :)

Listening to Amy

Other than having my fingers up my nose, this shot isn't half bad. :)

Finishing a drill