Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hop Inn (Toads only!!)

When my girls were little, my oldest daughter, Cheryl was absolutely in love with frogs and toads. In fact, she still is in love with them. Every year when the Monsoon Season starts, she'll go to the Superstition golf course to go "toading" as she loves to call it. :) She nevers keeps them, she just likes to catch them and love on them for a bit. One year, I came home from work to find about 10 toads in my bathtub! Yikes!
Years ago, when we lived in Morgan Hill, CA, toads and frogs were easy to come by -- we even had a huge, fat toad living in our patio garden. One year, we bought a really cute "toad house", aptly titled "Hop Inn", with the caution "Toads Only" added for fun.
We would often find that fat toad sitting inside the Inn. This picture shows a little tree frog my daughter caught sitting on top, 'cause it's only for toads, you know!