Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Playing Catch-up

It's been forever since I've posted anything. I guess it's been so nice outside for the past two months I didn't want to stay inside and post to my blog. Well, now that we're getting into the triple-digit temps, I thought I'd play a little catch up and add some highlights from the past two months.

In April, while cleaning the glass door leading out to the patio, I noticed a smudge on the stationary panel. It took me a couple of moments to view it in just the right light to make out the shape. It's a tiny handprint from my grandson, Raine. Who knows how long it has been there. I don't clean my glass more than a couple of times a year, it that, so I'm guessing it must be from about a year ago when Raine was almost 3. So far I haven't cleaned it off. I don't get to see my grandson as much as I would like, so every once in a while I sit down and look at it. It was a bit of a challenge to photograph it, but I think it came out okay.

In May, I gave myself a Mother's Day gift. For the longest time, I've wanted to convert my whiskey barrel planter to a fountain. I looked for kits on the Internet and at garden centers, and settled on one from The Home Depot. It's still a work-in-progess, but it's shaping up nicely so far. I added some artificial ivy and my oldest daughter purchased some cute little "froggy fats" that I perched on the rim of the fountain. Here's a closeup of the little froggies.
My family is really fond of a game we call "Zonk". In this game, you roll 6 dice, with the hopes of being the first person to score 10,000 points. In the scoring system, rolling six of a kind is basically an automatic win, as you are awarded 10,000 points. I've been playing this game for over 20 years, and for the first time in my life, I actually rolled six of kind. Six sixes, to be exact. Sure, I could have faked the photo, but I have a witness! I snapped this photo once the shock wore off.
Later in May, I took a solo drive out into the desert. I headed out through Queen Creek and passed by the SanTan Pet Cemetery. It's up for sale if you're interested.
I ended up just southeast of Picacho Peak and snapped a couple of cactus blossom pictures.