Pages

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Spring Has Indeed Sprung!

And it's about time! Well, I can't complain too much. Living in Arizona is a lot like Spring all year round, except for those three hellish months in Summer. I was sitting on the front porch this morning marveling at how green the trees are and how quickly their leaves appeared. They seem to sprout leaves overnight. Something I find amusing is there are about eight leaves from last year that have refused to let go. Normally, the trees completely lose their leaves each winter. But this year, a handful have vigorously held on. Click the picture to get a closer look. I also snapped a picture of a pink Hibiscus growing in my neighbor's yard. Whenever I see one like this, I think of my late father, who made a stopover in Hawaii during WWII and fell in love with the Hibiscus flower. I always thought this odd, because my Dad was a really manly man. I'll never know, but I like to think that maybe he loved the flower because so many pretty Hawaiian girls wore them in their hair.